Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pink Loves Me


Kaitlyn loves sunglasses. She has pairs of them all over – including at least two she keeps in my truck because you never know what the occasion might call for. The other day she handed me back her orange pair and asked for the pink pair. Though orange is currently her favorite color, I made a comment about her really liking pink. Her response, "Pink loves me."

Yesterday she was telling me she had a headache while we were on the way home from daycare. I asked her why her head was hurting. She said, "Cause I was bonking it on the wall in the shower."

After getting out of the shower last night she tells us that when it gets warmer this spring, she was "gonna go bear hunt." That one really caught me off guard. I asked why she wanted to hunt bears... and that one might get her, and much to our relief she said that she didn't mean bear hunt, but barefoot. Later she was pretending to be a bear and chasing me. When I told her I just tickled bears and started chasing her, she quickly let me know that she was not a bear, she was a kid. That, by the way, is the first time I've ever heard her refer to herself as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment